Get to Know Madeline & Charles: AT&T News Anchors
Did you know that AT&T has it’s own award-winning newscast? With video leading the way, many companies have jumped to creating video content for internal communications. At AT&T, we’ve created our own internal news show, Around the Globe, with company-wide updates going out twice a week. In 2014, we won PR Daily’s Video Award for Best Internal Communications Video.
The best part – it’s co-anchored by 2 talented AT&T employees. Get to know Madeline Littrell and Charles Bassett, who ensure that employees are kept up to speed with the many things happening around the company.
Five things about Madeline:
- Madeline was singing publicly by age 4. At first, her genre was rhythm and blues. She now prefers country.
- She earned degrees in digital media, theater and broadcast journalism at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles – and still managed to graduate in less than four years.
- Madeline is a self-described perfectionist. “One show in particular I messed up someone’s name and swallowed. In 2½ minutes, I made two major mistakes and that was the take we went with. I’ve improved a lot over the three months – and I have a ways to go.”
- Besides her anchoring duties, Madeline excels in her role as Sr. Public Relations Manager where she edits all press releases, blog posts, and external communications under the AT&T brand. She also oversees language research and brand perception studies to help drive AT&T’s communications strategy. Her passion for communication extends into the “Words Matter” language workshops where she teaches clear and persuasive writing for communicators.
- Madeline enjoys hearing from other employees about Around the Globe. Some comment on stories. Others offer fashion advice. “I received so many Qs and email messages. I read and save all of them because I’m cheesy like that. It’s been really exciting to get in on the ground floor of a new project.
Five things about Charles:
- Charles spent 18 years reporting and anchoring for television news stations in five states before joining AT&T.
- Nonetheless, he still gets slightly anxious when the camera’s red light goes on. “The minute you don’t feel nervous, you need to start worrying. That nervousness keeps you on your toes.”
- Raised in Bentonia, Miss., (population 500) Charles left the day after his 18th birthday for a career in the U.S. Air Force. He served in the first Gulf War.
- One reason Charles likes working on Around the Globe is that he learns along with the viewers. “Like that Service Escalation Program. I can use that. I’ve got people coming up to me all the time.”
- Charles’ day job involves working with newspaper and television reporters in the North Texas area. But he’s happy he’s found a way to use his well-honed anchoring skills. “I’m just surprised, because I thought I’d gotten out of this business. But Around the Globe is something new and exciting and I really want to put the best product out there for AT&T employees."
View more exciting opportunities with AT&T.
- Lead Strategic Pricing Manager El Segundo, California
- Lead Product Marketing Mgr Dallas, Texas
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Digital & Web Innovation El Segundo, California
- Director Product Marketing Broadband Roadmap and Delivery El Segundo, California
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team