By being hired into one of our DIRECTV jobs at AT&T, you’ll be a key member of the AT&T team. Professionals in DIRECTV careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired DIRECTV job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job in DIRECTV at AT&T may be waiting for you!
Satellite Installation Technician
OMAHA , Nebraska
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers.
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establishing satellite TV systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Verifying satellite TV systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues.
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs.
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components.
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed.
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies.
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders.
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, up to and including six days a week; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test, criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
- Must be able to obtain all necessary certifications, including SBCA, Service, SW iM, and Ka/Ku, as required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- SBCA and/or other industry certifications preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by DIRECTV have been rated by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment)of 375 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 325 lbs.
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - U-Verse Premises Technician in Sunnyvale, CA
Good pay, benefits, over time, give all tools, uniforms and boots you need. Management is good at replacing them for you.
Never know what time you'll be done since you have to complete every job, same job could take you 45 minutes or 3-4 hours so it's hard to make plans
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.