AT&T Entertainment Group is revolutionizing entertainment and bringing the world cutting edge products and services. We are delivering a premium video experience on any device through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming, and industry leading customer service.
AT&T's Next Generation Development Team is looking for a passionate and inventive software engineer to join the A/V pipeline group. As a senior engineer, you will provide technical leadership on features to add new functionality to our next generation servers and clients. You will help drive architectural decisions and serve as main point of contact to our hardware vendors.
An entrepreneurial spirit is alive in all that we do, reinforcing our values of leadership, innovation, decisiveness, agility, teamwork, and integrity. Each day we imagine what the best video entertainment experience can be for our customers.
If this sounds exciting to YOU, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to deliver excellence with a strategic focus, ensuring that customers, both internal and external, are incredibly satisfied with the DIRECTV Set Top Box releases.
In this role, you will solve complex system and software problems in a fast-paced environment, provide highly responsive professional communication, and effectively coordinate internal resources. This role is a great opportunity to advance your technical skills in a supportive environment. You will be the primary point of contact with multiple strategic partners in this highly visible role.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Develop software components integral to the A/V pipeline process
· Work with software architecture team to provide design input and systems analysis for optimal functionality and performance
· Review team software and ensure that implementation meets design
· Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
· Provides advanced troubleshooting, fault isolation, and root cause analysis skills to resolve technical problems on a daily basis, which includes verifying and triaging issues, analyzing system data, and helping in the resolution of the issue.
· Strengthen the team’s partnership with Software Development Teams, Program Office, Product, and Test & Validation Teams in identifying, reporting, resolving issues in the field, and communicating opportunities for improvement.
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, or related field with a strong academic record required. Masters is a plus
- Must be a systems thinker capable of identifying root causes within a large scale system
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience using C/C++, Java and POSIX in a Linux environment on an embedded platform
- Knowledge of ATSC, NTSC, Audio & Video Transports and Codecs (MPEG-2 TS, MP4, H.264, AVC, HEVC, AC3, AAC, etc.)
- Knowledge of video/audio hardware to perform decoding, transcoding, playback, recording and streaming of content (HLS, MPEG DASH, etc.)
- Experience with Conditional Access and Digital Rights Management, HDMI, DTC-IP, DLNA, Closed Captioning 608/708, DVB
- Thorough understanding as well as practical experience with the software development lifecycle
- Experience resolving a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline and pressure driven environment
- Demonstrate good analytical judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Familiarity with embedded systems, consumer electronics, and video/data content protection is a strong plus.
- Experience working with metrics to drive decision making is desirable
- Must be available to work occasional extended hours
- Must be highly technical, hands-on and also capable of managing communication with multiple organizations
In addition, we look for people with the following attributes:
- You thrive in a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build complete and long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You are hungry to know our product offering inside and out. To be the authority on solving customer problems and digging into new problems we haven't seen before.
- You are dedicated to doing what it takes to help the team win