Explore the possibilities
We’re keeping the world connected like never before. With a wide range of career possibilities, there are plenty of ways for you to get in on the action. However you join our team, you’ll work with top innovators, the newest technology and revolutionary ideas. Ready to do great things with us?
Systems Engineer (Government)
COLUMBIA , Maryland
- Knowledge of systems engineering and the application thereof to technical program management; information security systems and network technologies a plus
- Experience with formal systems and operational testing
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Work well individually or in a group setting
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Successfully present technical information
- At least 10 years of experience in security engineering, network engineering, or an INFOSEC related field and possess strong proficiency in enterprise security architecture and requirements, known exploitation methods, mitigation techniques for known vulnerabilities, and experience with system attack methods (Botnets, DDOS, etc.) within enterprise networks
- Knowledgeable in network protocols (TCP, IP, ICMP, UDP), routers, networking applications and related protocols (e.g. SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, etc.), firewalls, VPNS, and intrusion detection systems (IDS)
- BS in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess or be able to obtain government clearance
Desired: MS in related field
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+ in Middletown, NJ
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.
If you're already part of the AT&T family and think this role is perfect for someone you know, let us know. We’d love to get to know them – and thank you with a reward.Refer a friend
Our hiring team could be coming to a community near you. Come out and say hi.See our next events
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.