Explore the possibilities
We’re keeping the world connected like never before. With a wide range of career possibilities, there are plenty of ways for you to get in on the action. However you join our team, you’ll work with top innovators, the newest technology and revolutionary ideas. Ready to do great things with us?
Software Engineer L1 (Government)
COLUMBIA , Maryland
Your specific duties will include:
- Performing system design, development, integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms.
- You must develop software as necessary to integrate between components, perform new capabilities, facilitate testing, etc.
- You will be expected to participate in developer led integration of software baselines.
- Adhering to accepted standards for development is a must, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code coverage, participating in peer code reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
A competitive candidate will have minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting:
- software architecture development
- requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
- selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools
- integration (with both new and legacy systems) on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Someone with 3+ years of experience programming using C++ is preferred with knowledge and experience with network programming and network protocols in TCP/IP Stack. You must be proficient in debugging and troubleshooting under Linux and embedded system environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Required Clearance: Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is REQUIRED
Desired Experience: Experience with Ruby scripting is a plus. A strong candidate will be familiar with an Agile development environment and with mobile core network protocols.
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+ in Middletown, NJ
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.
If you're already part of the AT&T family and think this role is perfect for someone you know, let us know. We’d love to get to know them – and thank you with a reward.Refer a friend
Our hiring team could be coming to a community near you. Come out and say hi.See our next events
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.