IT \ Engineering \ Technology Jobs
You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
Senior-System Engineer - BIG DATA
BEDMINSTER , New Jersey
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Must have strong understanding of Linux operating system and system architecture and at least 10 years of experience in supporting 100+ servers running custom tools. Provide Linux server(s) install, management, configuration and support in a critical production environment and setup/maintain hardware and network equipment. Monitor production applications on Linux and troubleshoot performance and availability issues per the SLA. Work with support teams for hardware replacement, patching, vendor discussions, root cause analysis etc. Work with Dev/test and other support team to identify and resolve issues with application and its functioning.
This is a very dynamic role and the ideal person will be able to handle multiple priorities in a business critical and high performance area. The candidate must be a self-starter and a problem solver.
- 5-8 years related systems engineering/administration experience.
- Linux administration experience
- AIC Cloud/OpenStack and Storage/Network experience
- Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
- Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS, etc.)
- Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
- Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
- Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
- Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
- Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum).
- Education: Preferred Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nano degree; or equivalent experience.
- Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale.
- Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
- Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
Great medical and health benefits, discounts on multiple company products, big time company so there are multiple positions available nation wide
Nothing to report that would be considered a major downside to working for the company
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.