Sales Executive 3 Acquisition - West - (Gov Sales & Mkt)
Tucson , Arizona
- Prospect and manage the sales cycle for the first responder solutions suite against a sales target
- Proactively manage the module or territory to drive solution penetration rates in line with stated standards.
- Apply the first responder sales framework within the context of the module supported by the Application Sales Executive, and ensure this framework is executed by the front line account manager.
- Design first responder solutions through consultative methods, leveraging the base of value proposition, case studies, work flow analysis, ROI, and Pilot Framework tools.
- Drive the sales engagement from a discovery stage to a clearly identified business value through deploying and implementation of the technical solution.
- Collaborate with Account Team Managers / territory leadership to develop strategic territory module plans, optimizing subscriber growth through successful penetration of target accounts.
- Partner and collaborate with sales, marketing, external affairs and other entities to influence decision making processes for public safety solutions
- Position self as the first responder solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) in territory, demonstrating solution and market knowledge / awareness of public safety customers.
- Proactively participate in account and opportunity reviews, detailing and articulating the needed actionable steps for deal closure.
- Drive knowledge transfer to the local sales and customers on first responder solutions through scheduled webinars, enablement activities and partner event plans. This includes partnering with market development and other product / partner resources to facilitate this knowledge transfer.
- Establish a partner relationship with customers at Executive C-level, positioning AT&T as a trusted advisor and strategic planning resource for mobility.
- Employ advanced and consultative selling techniques to achieve subscriber unit targets
- Create a strong network of internal/external resources per specific solution capabilities and be able to execute programs across functional organizations to successfully implement solutions.
- Develop, document and share best practices for selling first responder solutions, detailing the significant approach used to overcome competitive scenarios and customer challenges.
- Serve as the first responder lead on responses to RFP/RFQ/RFB/RFI requests and unsolicited proposals.
- Stay current and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of complex first responder products, solutions and competitive intelligence around pricing and market trends, etc.
- Understanding of first responder environment and dispatching processes
- Ability to evaluate operational process that utilizes radio for group communications
- Understanding of first responder applications such as CAD, RMS, JMS, ALPR, NLETS, NCIC, NFIR, E-Citation, AFIS and others involved in incident command
- Experience in selling mobile broadband solutions to enable first responder applications
- Understanding of state and local government decision making processes for the first responder community
- Knowledge of cellular architecture and trends in cellular technology
- Knowledge of methods to secure data in transit and at rest
- Understand discussions around control of costs and ROI models
- Ability to determine and articulate value propositions
- Understanding of the dynamics of radio use vs cellular use in first responder use cases
- Competitive knowledge of the 2 way radio marketplace (not necessary heavily in depth but an ability to learn)
- Competitive knowledge of the mobile broadband marketplace for first responders
- Ability to understand historical drivers for radio usage & mobile broadband usage
- Ability to work with TCO models and sell to sr. government levels
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - Retail Account Executive in Chicago, IL
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.