IT \ Engineering \ Technology Jobs
You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
Chicago , Illinois
Responsible for the fundamental technology work of architecting/designing/building the core frameworks for our system platforms and end to end solutions, including building platform and performance components. Makes high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, tools, and platforms and must have an understanding of systems engineering principles derived from experience.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with critical stakeholders to understand business needs, priority, and the quality of services to be created or enhanced.
- Drive solution to be compliant with Target State Architecture.
- Drive enhancements to Target State Architecture to meet future business needs.
- Responsible for discovering and identifying any bottleneck gaps such as manual flows that can hinder the services or impact cycle time or cost and resolve them early during the solution, design, and construction phase.
- Drive research and standardization of platform components that can make up the building blocks from which AT&T will build applications and services.
- Ensure applications and services are leveraging building blocks whenever possible. Consider the clients non functional requirements such as security, scalability, resiliency, and performance in all solutions.
- May define and design functional, technical, performance, and reliability solutions in line with client inferred requirements.
- Solves complex performance issues.
- Creates massive distributed systems.
- Creates integrated solutions between legacy and target state solutions.
- Create vendor guidelines and best practices.
- Define company technical strategic directions for vendor selection, technology choices, engineering processes, and tools.
Intermediate level technical professional. Subject matter technical knowledge within a discipline and sound understanding of ATT technologies.
Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; or equivalent experience.
Typically requires 3-5 years experience. Technical Career Pathway (TCP) role.
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
Great medical and health benefits, discounts on multiple company products, big time company so there are multiple positions available nation wide
Nothing to report that would be considered a major downside to working for the company
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.