Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
IT Specialist Junior (Government)
NORFOLK , Virginia
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, Defense Message Systems, and other authorized information technology systems.
- Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers.
- Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks.
- Familiar with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Virtual Private Network (VPN), and Network Address Translation (NAT). 2-4 years of experience required.
Possess a Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+, or Network+,or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification.
Must have a Secret Clearance
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+ in Middletown, NJ
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.
If you're already part of the AT&T family and think this role is perfect for someone you know, let us know. We’d love to get to know them – and thank you with a reward.Refer a friend
Our hiring team could be coming to a community near you. Come out and say hi.See our next events
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.