Application Sales Director Security
New York , New York
AT&T is a world leader in communications, business solutions, and entertainment. As part of our Business Sales teams, you'll work with small to large enterprises and government agencies to sell our full-scale business solutions.
Our wireless division serves 95 percent of the Fortune 100 companies, accounts for more than 80 percent of the Fortune 500 and has more than 1200 federal, state, and local government agencies as our customers.
You'll be part of the team that walks our customers through AT&T's cutting-edge products, shows them the benefit of our advanced services, and ultimately closes the deal. We aren't just the phone company anymore and you aren't just any sales person. This could be your chance to join a company that's known for being innovative, successful and ahead of the curve.
With AT&T's history of success and commitment to emerging technologies, this is the ideal sales environment for a professional looking to build an amazing career.
This sales specialist leadership position provides sales management and overall guidance for a team (8) of Application Sales Executives which have responsibility for selling complex, emerging Security products and/or services, generating sales and supporting the sales efforts of others leveraging product, industry, and / or technology expertise. This position is to support the Government, Education & Healthcare and Public Sector segments.
- This position manages and coordinates the sales and technical teams as required in support of the sale of the company’s Security products and services to achieve/exceed Security New Sales Revenue attainment and Total Billed Revenue attainment for the assigned segments.
- May also be called on as a Security technical product expert to develop and present sales proposals, systems solutions, RFP responses, and executive presentations.
- May be called in as a sales leader to support or close a Security solution sale by account-assigned Account Managers or may identify and close additional opportunities in cooperation with assigned account manager.
- Resolves critical issues and contributes to business unit / area development.
- Manages the work efforts of Application Sales Executive team with responsibility for hiring, performance management, and pay reviews.
- Manage Funnel/Forecast and Top Opportunities for the assigned segments.
- Provide Marketing Sensing in support of Product/sales advancement
- A strong Security sales, sales leadership and technical background.
- Must be able to work well with multiple levels of management throughout the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the cyber security field, and AT&T’s current and future portfolio
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Two+ years of management responsibility.
- Ability to pass a background check and drugscreen
- Bachelors degree; Advanced degree preferred
join our Talent Network to stay in the loop >
Current Employee - Retail Account Executive in Chicago, IL
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team
Doing Great Things
Building a brighter future
In 2015, we saved $119 million in annualized energy – and that’s only the start of how we’re in the business of doing good.
Making an impact
We’re working to make a difference in our communities – like our $250 million commitment to education through AT&T Aspire.
Ensuring every voice matters
With 115,000+ employees in our employee networks, we celebrate the amazing things our differences bring to the table.
Putting military skills to work
We’re on a mission to hire the best talent – a big mission. We’re committed to hiring 20,000 veterans by 2020.
Developing what’s next
Whether it’s in AT&T Labs, the AT&T Foundry or our Mobile App Hackathons, we’re unleashing talent and turning big ideas into big possibilities.
Taking your career far
With mentors to guide your way and lots of training opportunities, there’s no limit to how much you can grow or where your career can go.