AT&T’s Commitment to the LGBT Community
At AT&T, the “&” is more than just 25% of our name. The power of & represents the integrated talents and unbridled possibilities of a workforce in which Every Voice Matters. It’s a symbol of inclusion that defines our company as one that invites and celebrates a healthy mix of perspectives, skills and ambitions. We know that leveraging the ideas and talents of a broad group of people is at the heart of our innovation. And the greater our inclusive culture, the greater our potential to make a difference. That’s why we’re committed to supporting initiatives, organizations and projects that strengthen the LGBT community.
LEADING THE WAY SINCE 1975
Our 140 year history comes with a long-standing dedication to leading the way for inclusion of the LGBT community:
- In 1975, AT&T became one of the first major American corporations to adopt a policy prohibiting discrimination against employees based on sexual orientation.
- In 1987, LEAGUE at AT&T was established. The Lesbian, Gay, Transgender and Allies Employee Resource Group is the oldest LGBT ERG in the nation.
- In 1998, AT&T adopted one of the first domestic partner benefits programs for LGBT employees.
- In 2006, AT&T was one of the first corporations to offer Transgender-inclusive health-care benefits.
CONTINUING THE TREND
LGBT community inclusion continues to be a top priority at AT&T today:
- In 2015, we sponsored a number of LGBT events, including the Out & Equal Workplace Summit, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) National Dinner, and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network Respect Awards.
- AT&T signed onto a “friends of the court” brief at the U.S. Supreme Court to support the business case for marriage equality.
- LEAGUE has grown to comprise more than 5,600 members.
- TOGETHER – AT&T Most of World LGBT and Allies Employee Network was established to reach employees in Canada, Central/Latin America and Europe.
- AT&T was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by the HRC for the 12th consecutive year, receiving a perfect score from 2004–2016 on the Corporate Equality Index for its fair treatment of LGBT employees.
LOOKING TOWARD THE FUTURE
We’re committed to fostering the future of innovation by promoting inclusion and prohibiting discrimination. Helping to lead the charge, we’ve joined forces with other corporations to found the HRC Global Corporate LGBT Coalition and the Open for Business Coalition.
Diversity and inclusion drive innovation at our company. It’s important to foster a culture where all viewpoints are considered.
Sr. VP and Chief Diversity Officer
Through these two new initiatives, we can continue to make progress on promoting inclusion and equality, and deepen our commitment to our employees, customers and communities throughout the global LGBT community.
At AT&T, we know that our differences make us stronger. When a wide variety of talents, viewpoints and ideas come together, nothing can stop us from changing the world. That’s exactly why we’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace and being the employer, service provider and business of choice for the LGBT community.
While we all have our differences, there is one unifying factor that brings people together at AT&T ─ Every Voice Matters.
Sound like the forward-thinking company you’ve been looking for? Join the AT&T family.
- Assistant Manager Del Rio, Texas
- Assistant Manager Laredo, Texas
- Assistant Manager Uvalde, Texas
- Part Time Retail Sales Consultant Austin, Texas
We work hard and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is always an adventure.Life at AT&T - Just ask our team Just ask our team